STUDENT HOUSING AND DINING INFORMATION FROM AUGUST 13-21
· ARRIVAL: Sunday, 8/13/17– check-in will be held at the summer conference desk, located in the Farrington Square D lounge (directions below). Check-in is from 1:00 pm - 5:00PM.
· DORMITORY for RARE CAMP: We will be staying in M&M from August 13-18. One of the RARE Directors will be available at M&M between 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm on arrival day, August 13. Room assignments will be based on gender. On August 18, everyone will move to Taylor House, the residence hall for the RARE program for the academic year (see below).
Personal Belongings: You can bring everything you plan to have in your Taylor House room on the 13th. Alternatively, you can pack lightly for the week and have your parent or parents bring the balance of your belongings on Monday morning, August 21st. The 21st is the day that the parent orientation will be held. Or, , if your parent or parents are arriving on Sunday the 20th and staying over for the orientation, they can bring your other belongings that day. Last, if your parent or parents are not coming to the orientation on the 21st, bring everything on August 13.
· WELCOME DINNER AUGUST 13: We will hold a dinner in LAMBERTON HALL at 6 pm for new RARE students and their families. As we get closer to your arrival date, we will ask that you RSVP with the number of family members that will be attending in addition to yourself. The dinner will be an opportunity for everyone to meet each other and the Program Directors, Dr. Ware and Dr. Simon. There will be a Q&A with the Directors after dinner.
· MOVE TO TAYLOR: Students will move from M&M to their permanent housing assignment in TAYLOR HOUSE on Friday, 8/18. Your TAYLOR HOUSE keys will be available at the summer conference desk in Farrington Square D from 9AM - 3PM.
· preLUsion: Your information packets will be available in the morning on Monday, August 21st, and will contain information about the time and where you will need to be for the start of your preLUsion program. At noon your preLUsion group will meet for lunch and the start of that program.
· The parent orientation schedule can be found at http://studentaffairs.lehigh.edu/content/family-information.
DINING: GENERAL INFORMATION
· Students will be eating meals in RATHBONE DINING HALL beginning with breakfast on Monday, August 14 – Monday breakfast, August 21. Note that some meals will be held elsewhere for the RARE group (Sunday, August 13 dinner; Friday August 18 dinner). We will provide a full schedule when you arrive.
· After your PreLUsion experience, you will join all first year students beginning Thursday, August 24, for regular orientation.
SUMMER CONFERENCE SERVICES DESK
FARRINGTON SQUARE D
FROM THE SOUTH:
Take the Northeast Extension of the Pennsylvania Turnpike north to Exit 44 (Quakertown).
Turn left onto Route 663. Follow for 3.5 miles. Turn left onto Route 309 in Quakertown. Continue north on Route 309 to Center Valley. Turn right onto Route 378 north towards Bethlehem. Follow Route 378 over South Mountain for 5.5 miles to the second set of yellow blinking lights, turn right onto Summit Street. At the end of Summit Street, turn left onto Brodhead Avenue. Proceed down Brodhead and make the first right turn onto Packer Avenue. Follow Packer Avenue for approximately two blocks. At the second stop sign, turn left onto Webster Street. Follow Webster Street for a very short distance, to the first parking lot on your left side. Turn left into the parking lot area. Campus Square D is located at the far right corner of the lot (as you are facing north).
FROM I-78 EAST OR WEST:
Take exit 67, Hellertown. Turn right onto Route 412 North. Proceed on Route 412 and stay in the left lane. At the bridge, go straight onto Fourth Street. Follow Fourth Street for 1.2 miles to the fifth traffic light. Turn left two blocks past the fifth traffic light onto Taylor Street. Follow Taylor Street to Packer Avenue. Turn right onto Packer Avenue. Proceed on Packer Avenue to the stop sign. At the stop sign, turn right onto Webster Street. Follow Webster Street for a very short distance, to the first parking lot on your left side. Turn left into the parking lot area. Campus Square D is located at the far right corner of the lot (as you are facing north).
FROM ROUTE 22:
Take the Bethlehem Route 378 exit. Route 378 heads only south; continue for 3.6 miles. When you approach the bridge over the Lehigh River, be sure to stay in the left-turn lane marked “Third Street”. Bear left at the traffic light for Third Street at the south end of the bridge and continue straight onto Brodhead Avenue. Continue straight through the light at Fourth Street. Follow Brodhead Avenue to E. Morton Street. Turn left onto E. Morton Street and follow for approximately three blocks. Campus Square D is the fourth building on the right hand side of the block. For parking – you will need to turn right onto Webster Street, and then take the very next right into the parking lot area. Campus Square D lounge, where the Conference Services summer desk is located, is at the far right corner of the lot (as you are facing north).
(NOTE: If you wish to use your own source for directions, please utilize 22 E. Morton Street as the destination address; although the conference desk does not have a specific U.S. postal address, the 22 E. Morton Street destination is the closest available address.)